Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Unreqvited’s Beautiful Ghosts and Ogopogo Brewing Company’s Peryton.Continue reading
It’s been raining the last couple of days, and I definitely don’t hate it.
- Shadows Fall have announced their return to the stage. On December 18th they’ll be taking the Palladium stage in Worcester, MA with the likes of Unearth, Darkest Hour, Within The Ruins, Sworn Enemy, and Carnivora. A trailer for the event can be seen here, and tickets go on sale later this week. Those can be found at this location.
- Los Angeles extreme metal collective Teeth have announced a new full-length effort. Finite is set for a November 26th release through Translation Loss Records, and pre-order/pre-save options are available here. Better yet, a new track titled “Concubine” is available for your streaming pleasure right now.
- Unreqvited have unveiled the second single from Beautiful Ghosts. This one is titled “Funeral Pyre”, and is available here. A quick reminder that Beautiful Ghosts drops on August 13th through Prophecy Productions, and you can pick that up right here.
- And we’ll close with some progressive death metal out of Brazil. This is the new music video from Abstracted for “Wither To Dust”. That one is taken from their debut full-length, Atma Conflux, which drops sometime later this year through M-Theory Audio. More details coming soon.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
The announcements today are… substantial.
- Unreqvited are releasing a new album on August 13th through Prophecy Productions titled Beautiful Ghosts, which is basically the most Unreqvited album name ever. You can pre-order it here, and check out the first single off that album, “Autumn & Everley”, right here.
- Ok, so it was a big day for Prophecy, with Lantlos also making an album announcement. Wildhund will be out on July 30th, so we won’t need to wait quite as long for that one. And of course, these announcements usually come with new tunes, so here’s the impressive new video for “Lake Fantasy”.
- Remember that epic tour scheduled for last year that featured the likes of Megadeth, In Flames, Lamb of God, and Trivium? Well, those dates have been rescheduled to this August and September. This tour would be a monstrous way to welcome concerts back in 2021, so fingers crossed it all works out. Tickets go on sale Friday.
- The debut album from Silver Lake (Esa Holopainen), drops on May 28th through Nuclear Blast. Check out the second trailer for that album here, which includes discussion about the guest appearances on the self-titled debut. Trust me, it’s worth the five minutes of your time.
- Lastly, and definitely most importantly (to me), is the news from Amenra. Their next full-length, De Doorn, is set for a June 25th release through Relapse Records. Pre-order it here, but just a heads up that a lot of the good stuff is sold out already (I helped that cause). This also came with a new track and video, “De Evenmens”. Needless to say, it is incredible on every front. Enjoy.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
What a week. There’s so much behind that, I can’t even. But, it’s Saturday now and time to put that in the rearview. It’s also time for our weekly mixtape (playlist for you young bucks) of tunes we’ve been jamming ’round the back office. Corey drops some classic Emperor and a long cut from Unreqvited, Ian brings a Deeds tribute track from Defeated Sanity and a banger from Dying Fetus, Zyklonius offers up a Cult of Luna track, Vince has a new ERR + Thou cut, Angela goes in varying directions with SEA and Russian Circles, and I drop the new ones from Eyehategod, Every Time I Die and Grave Gnosis. All that and a ton more is hiding right under that play button below so hit that and do whatever you do on a Saturday. See you back here soon.
ACAB. Black Lives Matter. Transphobes can DIAF.
What, you don’t come here for the politics? Too fuckin’ bad. This is my house. Two things make me happy: people in the streets, and music. I can’t be in the streets due to health reasons, but I can sure as shit find and share music. So that’s what I’m doing.
Why link those two things together? Because tomorrow Bandcamp is donating 100% of their cut to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. So go buy some tunes. Buy lots of tunes. Because if there’s one thing I know, it’s that cops are throwing Black people in jail during these protests, and they’re going to need lawyers. So make with the buying.