“They spoke of the loneliest shadow, a thousand year old enemy. When man bowed for souls of the new world, a thousand year old legacy.”
- Osi and the Jupiter have announced that July 31st will be the release date of the new Appalachia EP through Eisenwald. Needless to say, this is one I will be picking up… and FITM nostalgia is only, like, 10% of the reason.
- Carach Angren have released their third new single from their upcoming album, Franckensteina Strataemontanus, which drops on June 26th through Season of Mist. Check out “Operation Compass” right here.
- We’ll close with a couple new videos, because that just sounds fun. The first is from Within Temptation, for a new track called “Entertain You”. You can check that out here. Side note, you should be happy that I didn’t work a pun into this bit of news.
- And finally, a new lyric video from Green Carnation for “Sentinels”. In case you haven’t checked out Leaves of Yesteryear yet, it’s very good. And it’s out now through Season of Mist.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I can’t stop listening to the new stuff from Green Carnation and Paradise Lost. Just in case you were worried.
- Static-X and Dope had about 200 grand worth of gear robbed from their shared warehouse space. Regardless of how you feel about the music of either project, that shit sucks. You can read more, and see images of the stolen gear, here.
- Within Temptation are going to be streaming their Black Symphony performance (from Rotterdam’s Ahoy Arena back in 2008) on the socials April 30th, this coming Thursday, at 2:30 PM EST.
- So this is cool from Sepultura. They launched the SepulQuarta sessions, a weekly event where they host a Q&A, perform a new track live, and provide more insight into their history. That will take place every Wednesday at 3:00 PM EST.
- The latest band to announce a “virtual tour” is Saint Asonia, who will be performing live on a wide range of digital platforms between April 30th and May 15th. You can also check out their latest single, “Blind”, immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
The Dark Souls franchise may own this title, but Aldia’s got nothing on me.
Last year around this time I made a statement, hoping that I would take it easier on the album listening; however, I also said that it would be for naught, as my 2019 release calendar was looking great and I was so excited about it.
However, life has a way of kicking you in the bollocks. Continue reading
I’m making a lot of cold brew. Weird, right?
- Thy Art Is Murder announced a North American tour with Cannibal Corpse. They cover a lot of ground in October and mostly November, so check them out in a city near you.
- Within Temptation canceled their set at a festival in Lebanon in response to another band, Mashrou’ Leila, being forced off the bill by Christian groups that apparently took issue with their openly gay singer and lyrical content, from what I read. I commend Within Temptation.
- In case you wanted to see the cover artwork for Tool’s upcoming Fear Inoculum, here you go.
- Check out this music video from Killswitch Engage for “I Am Broken Too”. It’s very Killswitch Engaging, and if you like clean vocal KSE, you’ll be all about this. Atonement drops on August 16th via Metal Blade.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Did you listen to the June Album of the Month podcast episode? Did you do the homework? Did you think we would leave you hanging? Fear not, for below you will find a quick list (with links to boot!) of all the albums mentioned by the Nine Circles crew as early 2019 favorites. Dive in, take a listen, and let us know what else is killing you so far this year.
*Note: Abbath isn’t actually in this list. That is an oversight, because I’ve been loving Outstrider. But any chance to post a picture of Abbath can’t be passed up, so… Continue reading