Well, it’s October. We’ll ignore the fact that it’s almost November, because what can I say? It’s been a busy stretch of life, on top of COVID-fatigue and existential dread. But we’re all here for the riffs, right?Continue reading
Welcome to another exciting edition of our weekly mixtape series. On deck for today: the new single from Thou and Emma Ruth Rundle’s collaborative album, one of my favorite Lantlôs songs, and some new Deftones for good measure. All this and more at the link below.
We could go on and on about how good metal has been thus far in the year or about how far the headlong spiral into the abyss we will go before it stops or even debate on what matters and what doesn’t (none of which I’m doing here by the way). The only thing that really matters at this moment in time is this piece of words and that we’re sharing another playlist of what we’ve collectively found that stuck with us in some form or fashion over the past couple weeks. Music has a tendency to allow its listeners a place to go where they can shrug and not give a damn and hopefully you’ll find that place here. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here and head directly below for a playlist tailor made for Saturday.
All told, it really does feel like this week is going by quickly. I’m not complaining. Here’s some stuff for ya!
- I like starting this with tours, so let’s do that again. The Sword has announced a massive 50-date tour in North America. They’ll be joined by Kadavar and All Them Witches the first month or so before Royal Thunder steps in the rest of the way.
- We all know that Bruce Dickinson likes his planes. Apparently he likes selling them, too. The Iron Maiden singer will be selling jets through retail-giant Harrods in London. I’m all set, thanks. Because poor.
- Is anybody voting for Rick Perry? Is anybody voting at all? Well, if you answered ‘yes’ to both of those questions, here’s a reason to change your mind. When asked what his favorite Metallica record is, the Republican claimed he had never heard of the band. Are you serious? Are you completely oblivious to to pop culture? I find that absolutely impossible.
- For those that can’t wait until Friday to check out Battlecross’ upcoming Rise to Power, you’re in luck. The album can now be streamed in full. Neat. Or something.
- Some live footage of Ghost‘s acoustic performance in Seattle has surfaced, and I gotta say, this looks like it was a ton of fun. Take a look…
Not to mention Papa Emeritus III seems super charismatic. I approve.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”