Happy Friday, everyone! Let’s get weird.
That’s it for me, time to go start my weekend.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Corey’s hiking so you’ve got me for these tonight. And I’m late, because work. Oh well. Here’s what we missed today:
That’s on their upcoming split with KEN Mode. I’m now even more excited to be seeing these guys in a couple of weeks. Anyway, that’ll do it. Later, kids.
Keep it heavy,
It’s Friday, and I’m ready to wrap things up. Let’s lead off with some fantastic news from the Bald God himself and cruise on into the weekend.
- Hey, it’s that Bald God guy I mentioned! Mad, mad metal genius Devin Townsend announced earlier today that he’s both finished outlining his long-planned symphony and written another Devin Townsend Project record. We will all be the better for both of these developments.
- This is too weird not to share: apparently Coheed and Cambria frontman Claudio Sanchez had his country house turned into a marijuana farm by some folks he and his wife had rented it out to. Huh?
- The stupidity that is Metal Allegiance (I guarantee you Mike Portnoy came up with that name) will apparently be playing an album release show at New York’s Best Buy Theater in mid-September. Guess who won’t be there? That’s right: this guy.
- A new song I won’t be embedding, largely because I don’t care: Fear Factory‘s new one, “Dielectric.”
- And finally, a new song I will be embedding, because it’s the damn truth: Nile‘s “Call to Destruction,” which had a new lyric video drop today. Check it out:
Fucking. Nile. The band’s new album, What Should Not Be Unearthed, comes out August 28 on Nuclear Blast. Anyway, that’ll do it for me, kiddies. Check back for the pod tomorrow!
Keep it heavy,
I am unusually excited about this particular Monday. In less than 6 hours I’ll be making my midnight stroll to Bull Moose to pick up Agalloch’s The Serpent & The Sphere. But aside from that… it’s still Monday. Alright, let’s get caught up, shall we? Here are your highly anticipated Quickies for today:
Had to go back into the archives for that beauty. Another day, another Quickie. That’ll do it for now.
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.