By the time you read this I’ll be pushing sand and ocean waves through my toes on my annual ‘get the hell outta dodge for a week’ trip. Fear not, however, as my brothers in metal will be holding down the coffin. Too much? NAH, never too much in the land of all things extreme. You bet your ass I loaded some sweet tunes to jam to whilst beachside and some of which are from this week’s loaded stable of new releases. What exactly might these jams consist of you may ask, well… blackened death metallers Denouncement Pyre are back with a vicious slab of sinewy goodness, Tombs hit that metal of all sorts sweet spot on their all-too-quick EP, Inexorum offer up a delicious dish of black metal, Consecration get the lead out death doom style, and there’s many more in the list that follows to sink your fangs into. Nothing left to do now except to go GET SOME. Happy hunting and we’ll be seeing you here throughout the week. Oh, and yes I will bring you back a good sunburn…Continue reading
I’m on Cape Cod, drinking a Tree House. And it’s Friday. Life doesn’t suck.
- Opening with Blind Guardian is always the right thing to do. New album details have emerged, and The God Machine is set for a September 2nd release through Nuclear Blast. Check out the new track, “Blood Of The Elves”.
- Next up, we have new material from Denouncement Pyre. “The Liberating Fires Of Moloch” can be heard here. As a reminder, that’s a track taken from Forever Burning, the new album set for a June 17th release through Agonia Records.
- Weedeater have announced some July tour dates, following the postponement of the tour because of… well, you know. Anyway, the details and tickets for the full run of shows can be found here.
- Over at Season of Mist, Nightfall shared a new live video for “Meteor Gods”. They have a live EP dropping on July 22nd titled In the Temple of Ishtar.
- Closing out the week, we have new stuff from Belphegor to check out. Give “Virtus Asinaria – Prayer” a watch and listen below, a track taken from The Devils. That album is set for a June 24th release through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Whole lot of content these days. It’s a good thing, overall.
- Let’s start by checking in with Cavernlight. As we all know by now, As I Cast Ruin Upon The Lens That Reveals My Every Flaw is out on May 13th through Translation Loss. And today, the band revealed the third and final single off that album, “Gaze Into The Glow And Drift Into Time”, which is available over at Metal Injection.
- Canadian black metal project SVNEATR have signed on with Prosthetic Records, where they’ll release their third album in the near future. Additionally, they have a tour run through Canada coming up in June. So make sure to take advantage of that if the opportunity presents itself.
- Spiritus Mortis have announced a new album, The Great Seal, which will be released through Svart Records this coming September. Check out the music video for “Death’s Charioteer” right now.
- Over at Nuclear Blast, Bleed From Within released their third single, with music video, for “Stand Down”. Their new album, Shrine, is out on June 3rd.
- We’ll wrap up the day (and for me, the week), with the latest new material from Denouncement Pyre. Check out the new video for “Hung Like Swine” below. Forever Burning is out on June 17 through Agonia Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Alright, after a few days away, we’re right back at it.
- Denouncement Pyre, a favorite from years past, have a new album set for a June 17th release. Forever Burning will be available through Agonia Records. Pre-orders are available here.
- This is a tour I will definitely check out. Elder are hitting the road in August and September with support from Dreadnought, Ruby The Hatchet, and Belzebong. All those dates can be found here, and I can say with confidence that I will either be at the Boston or Vermont date… or both.
- Apparently Allegaeon is going to spend the entirety of 2022 on the road. Not a bad thing. The Terrestrial Takeover Tour, which was originally planned for 2020, will now cover June 1st through July 1st. Support will come from Arkaik, Aenimus, and Summoning The Lich.
- Opeth are streaming a new track, “Width Of A Cirlce”, which is taken from the extended edition of In Cauda Venenum. That edition features three previously unreleased bonus tracks, in both English and Swedish. Cool stuff.
- Any interest in checking out the entirety of the Crown performance for Roadburn Redux? Because now you can. The whole thing is available for your viewing pleasure below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
There is simply too much going on.
- Denouncement Pyre, a name I haven’t mentioned in quite some time, have announced that they’ve signed on with Agonia Records. They’re currently working on their fourth album, following up 2016’s Black Sun Unbound, with details still to come.
- Igorrr have announced a North American tour next February and March with Melt-Banana and Vowws. This will be their first trek in support of Spirituality and Distortion, which is pretty cool. There’s some time to kill before these dates, but you can find tickets here.
- Is there anybody out there that can help me get my hands on some Insomnium Helles? There are some metal/alcohol collaborations that I’m happy to just scroll past… but definitely not this one.
- And we’ll close with the new visualizer from Finnish symphonic metal band Abstrakt. This is “Inferno”, taken from Uncreation, which dropped back in February of this year through Inverse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”