For this episode we go all in with most of the staff for our best of 2020 picks. We hit the high notes of what tickled our fancies for the year that was a shitstorm and even welcomed in a new member to the family. So, buckle up for an epic episode that has a wealth of stuff you may have missed and be sure to take notes, artists we mention need your support so open up those wallets and purses.Continue reading
How many of you are still in food coma mode? It happens. For me it was turkey day with tons of food then yesterday was some amazing BBQ at a small place up in the mountains about an hour away. And that’s the thing; during these insanely off the wall times, it’s the small things that can make all the difference for your sanity even if it does lead to a small food coma, or two. Anyway, it’s Saturday and time for another 9C mixtape of what we’ve been blasting ’round the back office. Me, Chris and Corey had a laaaate night Thanksgiving eve discussing Katatonia so obviously I’m leading off with a cut from Dead Air, then Vince has some Spirit Adrift and Inexorum, Ian gives us a great Wayfarer cut, Chris lays out a Raspberry Bulbs track, Zyklonius offers up some Drouth, and I double down with a new Akhlys track. All that and so much more awaits, hit the play button below and enjoy.
Plans for the long weekend? Just kidding. I don’t care.
- So we gotta open with the latest from Spirit Adrift. The newest single from Enlightened In Eternity, titled “Astral Levitation”, is available now. That album drops on October 16th through 20 Buck Spin.
- Killer Be Killed, the supergroup of sorts, return on November 20th with Reluctant Hero. That will be out through Nuclear Blast and can be pre-ordered now. Hard to believe the debut dates back to 2014. Oh, there’s a new song out there as well, called “Deconstructing Self-Destruction”.
- Infera Bruo also shared a new single from the upcoming new album, Rites Of The Nameless. This one is called “The Breath of Chaos” and a reminder that album is out on October 16th through Prosthetic Records.
- Helms Alee dropped a new video today, so we’re going to jump into the weekend on that note. Below is the clip for “Lay Waste Child”. Noctiluca dropped last year on Sargent House. It’s only a couple bucks on Bandcamp right now so go buy it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I need to start getting ready to get drunk, so I’ll keep this short and sweet.
- A bit of a slow day, but let’s start with upcoming album news. Swallow the Sun has been hard at work and is set to release a triple album in November. Triple. That’s ambitious.
- Wasting no time after Soulfly’s latest album, Max Cavalera and the rest of the gang in Killer Be Killed are set to start work on a new album. This guy has been working tirelessly for a number of years. How come I don’t really care?
- It won’t be long now until The Ride Majestic finally drops. In the meantime, Soilwork are streaming one of the new tracks from their shiny new album. The song is called “Enemies in Fidelity” and it’s wildly… fine.
- Today would have been Dimebag Darrell‘s 49th birthday. So let’s honor that with Pantera’s classic “5 Minutes Alone”.
- Alright, now chill out to this new So Hideous track called “Yesteryear”.
Isn’t that something? I sure think so. Anyway, that’s enough outta me until tomorrow.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I like Thursday because I drink beer on Thursdays. I guess that means I like every other day as well. Interesting.
- Of COURSE I’m starting with this. Beginning today, you can live stream select Wacken Open Air performances. The better bands are tomorrow…but I won’t be doing this post tomorrow.
- I know most of us are excited about Iron Maiden‘s upcoming new album, The Book of Souls. While that doesn’t drop for a few more weeks, here’s a brief sample of some of the new material. Neat.
- Well this is interesting. Tony Hovater, former drummer of some band named The Paramedic, is running for office in New Carlisle, OH. But that’s not the interesting part. He’s running as part of the Traditional Worker’s Party. The one formed by Matthew Heimbach. The racist. Great.
- News out of Killer Be Killed: Converge drummer Ben Koller has officially joined the supergroup. I’m really happy for them.
- And finally, check out this sick video of Krisiun playing their new track “Ways of Barbarism” live:
Pretty. Pretty. Pretty. Good.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”