New vinyl arrived today! Yay!
- The Maryland Doom Fest 2020 has been rescheduled, unsurprisingly. The festival will still take place in this calendar year, it will now be held from October 29th through November 1st. As a reminder, headliners include Cirith Ungol, Blood Ceremony, The Skull, Witch Mountain, and more.
- In case you missed Kvelertak‘s “Live From Your Living Room” event, you can check out a clip of the performance of “Bråtebrann” right now. Not gonna lie, they did a really, really good job with this.
- Destruction is dropping a live album that will be available digitally on May 8th. Their first live album with the current lineup will be called Born To Thrash – Live In Germany and you can check out the track listing here.
- And we will wrap up with the music video from Boston’s Let Us Prey for “Halo Crown”. Virtues of the Vicious is out on July 24th through M-Theory Audio, so be sure to keep that on your radar as we continue to inch toward summer.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
There are some people whose presence on this earth are so large that you can’t imagine living in a world without them. For the world of rock music, Neil Peart was one of those powers. When I was a young man I thought I couldn’t stand Rush, mostly due to my distaste of Geddy Lee’s voice. Thankfully I got over myself eventually, but even in my days when I didn’t like the band, I always counted Neal Peart as one of the best drummers I’ve ever heard. There’s no one, Rush fan or not, who I ever heard call him anything less than the best. I’m sad we won’t hear any more of him, but his legacy will be here forever.
Here are some tunes.
Ok, back in the swing of things.
- Let’s start with my favorite thing of all time today. Kvelertak have dropped a new song and video called “Crack of Doom”. Better yet? It features Mastodon’s Troy Sanders. Splid is out February 14th through Rise Records.
- My Dying Bride have opened 2020 with some good news. Their next album, The Ghost Of Orion, will be out in March. At the end of this week, they are planning to drop a new music video for a song called “Your Broken Shore” as well.
- Gargoyl have signed on with Season of Mist (which is a decision I will always support, of course). And in line with that, they are planning a new album and some live performances later this year.
- Finally, let’s wrap all this up with a new animated video from Moloken for a song called “Unbearable”. Their next album, Unveilance of Dark Matter drops on January 31st.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome back to another Saturday mixtape. Hopefully you aren’t still sleeping off a turkey hangover. If you are, fear not, because we’ve got plenty of goodness to wake you up right. Everything from black metal to Ozzy Osbourne to Tom Waits and Genesis is represented here this week so there’s bound to be something to spark your interest. Take a listen down below.