1/4/2018. It did, in fact, snow. Still is!
- A couple studio announcements to kick things off on this miserable Thursday: Clutch (yay) and Protest the Hero (less-yay).
- Not sure if you’ve read the Nielsen Music Year-End Report, but one of the themes is rock’s overall decline. Silver lining? Metallica and Linkin Park had strong showings.
- I have seen Zakk Wylde perform “The Star-Spangled Banner” a couple of time over the years, specifically at Ozzfest. Changing gears a bit from that, here he is performing it at a Chicago Bulls game. Because why the hell not?
- Mammoth Grinder have dropped a new video for “Servant of the Most High” from their upcoming Cosmic Crypt. They have some tour dates on the horizon, so be sure to catch the one in your area.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to yet another week! Reason for excitement for some, and depression for most. Being one to fall into the latter category, I’m happy to introduce a new piece of Nine Circles content that will hopefully lessen the dread that coincides with your first cup of coffee for the week (or your last beer from the weekend). And for the inexplicably happy Monday morning-ers, um, maybe you’ll like this, too? Anyway. Going forward, each Monday we will share a collection of songs that have recently stood out to the curious collection of creatures we call the Nine Circles staff. These songs could be old or new, metal or not, and there is no methodology to the order in which they fall. Each writer will select two or three to feature. We won’t give bother telling you who chose what… because who cares?
Kinda cool right? Instead of forcing you to read several hundred words to figure out what we like, you can kinda just… listen to it. So, without further delay, I give you the inaugural Nine Circles Playlist… Continue reading
July 21, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off with some sad news: Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington died yesterday of an apparent suicide. He was just 41. Rest in peace.