I took Friday off because I felt like it.
- Rush drummer Neil Peart has retired from music! I don’t use the exclamation point because I’m excited, but rather because this news dropped like an RKO outta nowhere.
- The Grammys are a thing that somebody cares about. Fortunately, after the joke that was last year’s winner (Tenacious D), there are actual metal bands nominated for the Best Metal Performance this year. The bands are Ghost, Lamb of God, August Burns Red, Sevendust, and Slipknot.
- Remember that Megadeth tour everyone has been speculating about? Well, we finally have details. They will be hitting the road with Children of Bodom and Suicidal Tendencies beginning in late February.
- The horrible news of Scott Weiland‘s passing last Friday have certainly circulated everywhere now. Some new details have emerged from the incident recently and it appears cocaine was in his possession at the time of his passing. Just a depressing, troubling story.
- I feel like wrapping this up with something light, so how about Opeth‘s announcement of their own imperial stout? Of course they would have the darkest beer you could possibly brew.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”