It’s amazing the crap we deal with on a day to day basis. Utterly amazing…pretty much all I’ve got for an opener AND it’s only Monday. Go figure. However, we’ve got some aggressive tunes to soothe the pain this week in the form of a destructive death metal debut from Tribal Gaze and yes this is the the same Tribal Gaze that put out that barnburner of an EP last year. Next up is a long awaited diesel fueled rock storm from Clutch, an extreme and obtuse outing from Destrage, a consistently METAL outing from Wolfheart, and a crap ton more in the list that follows. Do what you do best and go show all these bands some love via whatever purchasing outlet you land on. It’s as easy as copy / paste from here and the rest is history. Happy hunting and we’ll see you here throughout the week.Continue reading
Sometimes it’s all about refinement. You take a thing, you make something of it and the people take a look and say, “yeah, that’s it!” But you know it’s not, and if you can just whittle a little more away from the body you know you’ll see it. You try again, and some folks look and say “Eh, that’s not what I thought it was going to be.” Still others come by and exclaim “yeah, that’s IT!” But you know there’s more to pare away. Astronoid have been at this sonic whittling session since 2012, and on their third full length Radiant Bloom the quartet have further sliced away more of the abrasive, metallic bits. What is left is still recognizable as Astronoid (it really couldn’t be anything else), but honed to a point where I think the band can sit back and marvel at the sonic sculpture they’ve exposed, even if it’s only until a further turn unearths another form the band wishes to explore.Continue reading
“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” No need to expound on how real that quote is today. Leaving that to simmer… New metal time and we got another loaded list for your ear holes that kicks off with somewhat of a shift from Temple of Void and no they haven’t gone pop on us, they just built a way better death doom hot rod, Origin pops their head up to remind us that their tech death is still good tech death, Artificial Brain mops the floor up in the avantgarde and wildly experimental death metal chasm, Astronoid gaze it up once again much to the delight of several staffers here, and, of course, many others that will tickle your inner metal kid. Happy hunting and see you here throughout the week.Continue reading
And I’m officially overwhelmed.
- We can start the day with some Tombs, because I enjoy them quite a bit. Check out “Sombre Ruins Nothing Remains”, the RKGD audio remix of the Under Sullen Skies track. That single is the latest from the Ex-Oblivion digital EP, which will be available through Season of Mist.
- From there, we have a pretty significant tour announcement. At The Gates will be covering a good chunk of North America this coming August, with support from Municipal Waste, Thrown Into Exile, and Enforced. They will be celebrating the anniversary of Slaughter of the Soul, so yeah… it’s kind of a big deal.
- From there, we’ll check out new material from Astronoid. Give “Sleep Whisper” a listen here. As a reminder, Radiant Bloom drops on June 3rd through 3Dot Recordings. We’re all pretty excited for that one, if you weren’t previously aware.
- And we’ll close out the day with some fresh new Misery Index. The video clip below is for “Complete Control”, the title-track from their upcoming new album. That one is set for May 13th release through Century Media.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I don’t complain when my afternoon meetings get canceled.
- We’ll lead off with Origin, who revealed new album details along with some new tunes. Chaosmos will be out on June 3rd through Nuclear Blast, with pre-orders available here. As a teaser, check out the video for the new track, “Ecophagy”.
- Astronoid are marking their return on June 3rd with the release of their new album, Radiant Bloom, which will be out through 3DOT Recordings. Check out the first single from that, “Eyes”, right here. Fun fact: as a general consensus, we love Astronoid here at 9C.
- And then we’ve got some new Misery Index to touch on real quick. Check out the new single, “Infiltrators”, here. As a reminder, Complete Control is out on May 13th through Century Media.
- Last August, Killswitch Engage performed an awesome streaming event at The Palladium in Worcester. Now, that show will be available digitally though Metal Blade. The release date for Live at the Palladium is set for June 3rd, and you can check out the video for “Know Your Enemy” below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”