First up; as you may know, Louisiana got ripped up from Ida which means they could use all the help they can get seeing as it might be days/weeks before running water and power is established in some areas. If you can, go here to donate and trust me, every little bit helps even if it’s five bucks. Further, more areas were hit hard so do some research and find other donation links for these areas. Alright then, new metal time and of course, we got it. One might say Aborted was the easy choice to kick things off since it’s first in alphabetical order but, order means nothing when it comes to this hotly anticipated slab o’ death metal from these titans! What matters is quality, and they got it. Moving on, UK bruisers Mastiff got signed to a biggie and got heavier, honestly I had no idea they could get heavier yet here we are so be sure to grab this one. Then we’ve got a powerviolence meets sludge meets fastcore meets hardcore split from Trappist and Connoisseur and maaaaan what an anvil this thing is! Last up top but not least in this list is Cult Burial with a slappin’ EP of death metal that leans towards the sludgy side, and it rips. Obviously, much more awaits in the list below. So, if you’re in the US and celebrating a day off, there’s no excuse not to unload some cash on several of these albums. If you’re elsewhere, you still have zero excuse. So. Much. Good. Metal. DO IT…Continue reading
This might have been the longest work week of my life. As a result, this beer tastes even better than usual.
- As always, we have a ton of new songs… album announcements… videos… to get through this Friday. So let’s start with Between The Buried And Me, since Colors II (Sumerian Records) was one of the more anticipated albums that dropped this week. Check out the new video for “The Future Is Behind Us” here.
- And then we have Aborted, who dropped the third single (and video) from ManiaCult. Check out the clip for the title-track now. That album drops on September 10th through Century Media, and can be pre-ordered on all the formats right here.
- Let’s stick with Century Media for a bit. Vildhjarta have announced some more new things. Their next effort, titled måsstaden under vatten, will be out on October 15th, and you can already check out visualizers for two new tracks: “kaos2” and “toxin”.
- On this wonderful Friday, we also need to include new Exodus. Persona Non Grata will be out on November 19th through Nuclear Blast. The video for the (awesomely named) new single, “The Beatings Will Continue (Until Morale Improves)”, is available right here. Let’s party.
- And we may as well wrap up with the new video from The Absence, for “Faith In Uncreation”. That track is taken from Coffinized, their fifth studio album, which dropped back on June 25th through M-Theory Audio.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Happy Saturday. Here’s another mixtape for you. This week, we’ve got some standout death metal from the grotesque riffs of Cerebral Rot to the frantic Aborted, to the knuckle-drag of Frozen Soul. All that and more below.
Happy Darkthrone Day! See also: Happy Amenra Day! See also: Happy Friday! (Thank Hell)
- Speaking of Amenra, since today marked the official release of their debut with Relapse Records, De Doorn, we’ll kick things off with their new music video for “Ogentroost”. I guess that marks the first in a series of new visualizers for that album, with another one set for a week from now. That’s cool!
- This has the potential to be massive. Between The Buried And Me have announced a new album, Colors II, which is set for an August 20th release through Sumerian Records. And if this is meant to be a sequel to Colors, something I will definitely assume right now, that is absolutely incredible. Check out a new track titled “Fix The Error” right now.
- Fans of Matt Pike (see also: everyone) should be intrigued by his book announcement, Head On A Pike: The Illustrated Lyrics of Matt Pike. That is scheduled for a worldwide release on November 9th, with signed limited editions available at this location.
- I guess we can toss a tour in the mix. Bewitcher and Enforced are joining Exhumed and Creeping Death on the “Worming Through America” fall tour. Those dates fall in October and November, and tickets are available now at this location.
- We’ll close the week with Aborted, who released the first single and video from ManiaCult. That album drops on September 10th through Century Media, but you can check out the wild visualizer for “Impetus Odi” below. Viewer discretion is advised… apparently.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
One more this week. I think.
- Epica has launched their second studio vlog from their sessions at Sandland Recording Facilities. This episode focuses on the drum recordings with Arien van den Broek.
- Couple new tracks and/or videos to share today, and the first one comes from August Burns Red. The track is called “Paramount” and it’s taken from the upcoming new album, Guardians, which drops April 3rd through Fearless Records.
- In case you missed it, Aborted is dropping a new EP on April 17th titled La Grande Mascarade. It will be out through Century Media Records, and you can listen to a new track called “Gloom and the Art of Tribulation” right now.
- Trivium dropped a new music video for “What The Dead Men Say”, the title-track from their upcoming album. That is set for a release on April 24th through Roadrunner Records. Give is a watch below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”