No bitchin’ this week. I could, don’t get me wrong. Rather, I’ll just keep it all in my head and see visions equal to that Cannibal Corpse album that came out last week. As the kids say, what a banger. Moving on, new week and new metal so let’s do it…Capra explodes with some vicious hardcore and punk infused metal this side of, well, a very long time and the fact that this is a debut? Snap! A name I was excited to see that I haven’t in a long stretch is Bongzilla who returns with an album I’m stok(n)ed on and you should be too, Akiavel are back with a blistering sophomore death metal effort, and Altarage keep the violence going with their brand of blackened death metal that keeps the needle pegged to extreme. Alrighty then, these top four are worth your time, but there’s a lot more to follow that bears the same worth. Do it.Continue reading
Welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape playlist from your friends at Nine Circles. This week, we’ve got new videos from Svalbard, Wristmeetrazor, The Lion’s Daughter, and a whole lot more. Plus, we have a smattering of St. Patrick’s Day appropriate content for you. Take a listen down below.
- For those that give a shit about the Grammy Awards, Body Count won “Best Metal Performance”. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Body Count and very much appreciate what they bring to the genre. But at the same time, the Grammys are just something I will never, ever, take seriously.
- We’re still over a month from the release of Succomb, the upcoming new album from Altarage. But the good news is that this Monday came with the latest single from that album, titled “Forja”. Give it a listen here, and be feel free to pre-order the album over at Season of Mist.
- Feed Them Death, the avantgarde extreme metal project, has a release date of May 7th for their third full-length, titled Negative. That will be out through Brucia Records, and you can check out a new track titled “Eulogic (Negative Dialektik)” at this location.
- And we’ll close with the new music video from Toxicrose for “Domination”. I’ve never heard of this project, nor have I checked out this video, but they’re categorized as “trash glam metal”, and that can’t be anything other than a good time. That single is available through Crusader Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
One more day and then a four day weekend. Hot. Damn.
- There are a couple new videos to share today that I’ve been intrigued by. Let’s start with Jaye Jayle, who released a new clip for “From Louisville”. That track was the closer from 2020’s Prisyn, which is available through Sargent House.
- Spanish extreme metal crew Altarage have revealed new album details. Succomb is slated for an April 23rd release through Season of Mist. Go watch the video clip for the first single from that album, “Magno Evento”, right now.
- New Zealand’s Bridge Burner have announced their Hibernation Release debut. Disempath will be out on April 2nd and can be pre-ordered here. There are a couple vinyl variants out there, which is fun. Check out the title-track, over at Decibel.
- And we’ll close with the new video and single from Iotunn. I know Access All Worlds is a release quite a few of the 9C team are looking forward to, so here’s another sample in the form of “The Tower of Cosmic Nihility”. That album drops on February 26th through Metal Blade.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I don’t know about you, but 2019 started a little thin and then by the first quarter’s end just exploded all over the good linen like a beast. This year, more than most, we’ve been a little behind the ball in getting reviews out, but with a lot of new blood coming in I have a feeling that’s going to change soon. In the meantime we got your quarterly round up right here of all the stuff we wanted to review, should have reviewed, but didn’t.
Until now. So let’s dive in. Continue reading