Alright friends, readers, enemies, and foes; this is the week I’ve been sitting on pins and needles for. And also the week that has lightened my wallet the most via preorders. Take note, homies and homettes. The best current offering for sick and nasty deathgoregrind is Fluids and they are up this week with their third full length of sick and nasty ass tunes to get the juices flowing, resurrecting Massacre by way of a tad more groove and a lot more Floridian swamp ass is Inhuman Condition with their spot on excellent debut, technical metal god Hannes Grossmann is back with another slab of greatness, and progressive doom champions Boss Keloid return for an album that will challenge every thought you have about that genre as well as their previous output aaaand it is amazing. All that and a crap ton more awaits below so get your wallets ready, this is the week you will clean out all the dust in said wallet. Enjoy!Continue reading
I don’t know about you but the live show wait has nearly come to a sudden stop with the announcement of Deicide hitting the road AND coming near me. As far as this show goes, August can’t come soon enough and if any of you are near or somewhat near the ATL, hit me up. Alrighty, we’re back, again, for another installment of “what’s new and exciting this week.” Answer: plenty. Goregäng return from the crypts of death with a few new tracks and a few live tracks, everyone’s favorite hard hitters Gojira offer up album number seven—finally, Mortifero cover that dark folk space I love so much, and ewïg frost continue their reign of beer swillin’, liquor shooting, excellent speed metal. And that’s just the start of a lengthy list that follows. So, hop to it.Continue reading
Change blows. I hate change when it hits somewhat close to home. Generalities here as no one cares about the details, but let me just say that if change finds you and there’s nothing you can physically do about it, don’t let it eat you up. Embrace it and move on as life is too short. Anyway, the only change to endure here is a new batch of fresh metal and again, we’ve got tons of it; death metal from vastly different ends of the spectrum from Baest, Bonecarver, and Exanimis, then a rather gazey post-metalish outing from Som. All of these are excellent in their own ways and are can’t miss efforts, but that’s definitely just the beginning so keep reading and explore everything else. And, don’t be afraid to branch out of your comfort zone simply due to genre tags. You might miss something crazy good. Enjoy the hunt and we’ll be seeing you throughout the week.Continue reading
This has been one of the weirdest weeks ever. Oh well. At least hockey is on tonight.
- Detroit hardcore/thrash crew SNAFU are releasing their sophomore effort, Exile//Banishment, on March 26th through Life After Death Records. You can pre-order that and check out the first single, “Choking Game”, through Bandcamp. I’ve already done both. Go Red Wings.
- Blackened doom duo Body Void have signed on with Prosthetic Records and are releasing their debut through that label on April 23rd, titled Bury Me Beneath This Rotting Earth. Here’s the pre-order link, and a new track titled “Wound” is streaming over at Metal Injection.
- A couple videos today, and I’m in a sludge mood, so here’s something new I found in the inbox that I’ve been vibing with. This is the latest clip from Aulnes, a collective based out of Quebec, for “Vivre dans l’abandon”. That’s the title-track from last year’s release, which can be scooped up here.
- And we’ll close with the new video from Brand of Sacrifice for “Altered Eyes”. That’s a new single taken from Lifeblood, which is set for a March 5th release through Blood Blast Distribution.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I think this is going to be a pretty massive year in metal, and we’re gonna need it.
- Oh look! Gatecreeper are releasing an album tomorrow! An Unexpected Reality will be released through Closed Casket Activities. You can get it here… tomorrow.
- SOM, the atmospheric rock collective featuring members of Junius, Caspian, and Constants, are releasing a new EP on March 5th titled Awake. That will be available independently as a cassette, and digitally through Blood Blast Distribution. Check out “Awake // Sedate” now.
- Seven Evils Spawned of Seven Heads, the latest from blackened deathgrinders Swampbeast, drops on February 12th via Translation Loss Records. Today, however, they’re streaming a new track titled “1000 Years of Pestilence” over at Invisible Oranges, so you should probably go check that out.
- Blackened progressive group Vintersea released a new video for “Crack of Light”. That’s a track taken from Illuminated, which is available through M-Theory Audio. Give it a watch.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”