I most certainly do not need to go into detail about all the chaos and confusion that has existed in the world over the past three years. 2022 has been especially filled with new challenges and uncertainties, to the point where now I just throw my hands in the air and laugh as it all keeps piling up. Chaos. And confusion. But those that know me, know that I have few specific pursuits each day that help me keep at least some order in all of this. One of those, of course, is this blog. And a second one is running. Which is what brings us here today.Continue reading
CANTO: Gaerea, Equilibrium, Wayfarer, and More
How come everything explodes at work right at the end of the day?
- Anyway, let’s talk about Gaerea, who are still riding the momentum following the very impressive Limbo, are already back in the studio recording a new album. We can expect that next year at some point, through Season of Mist.
- Wayfarer have announced two exclusive performances next January. The first is scheduled for the 22nd at Saint Vitus, and the second for the 28th at The Bluebird Theater in Denver. That Vitus date is a performance with Falls of Rauros, and having seen that exact lineup in recent years, I can confirm that you absolutely cannot miss that show if you are in NYC.
- Nightwish confirmed the North American dates of the “HVMAN. :||: NATURE.” world tour. They run from May 4th through the 22nd, and basically go coast to coast. Check out a trailer for the tour right here.
- Closing with Equilibrium is always a good idea, so here’s the new clip for “Met (20 Years Later)”. There are a ton of guests in that reimagining of the first Equilibrium song ever, so definitely take a few minutes to check it out below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CANTO: Carcass, Cadaver, Blind Channel, and More
Fucking summer colds, yo. Let’s wrap this week up.
- Damn, apparently Ghost Bath is still a thing. They’ve announced a new album, Self Loather, which will be released on October 29th through Nuclear Blast Records. Check out the visualizer for the first single, “Convince Me to Bleed”, and pre-order your copy here.
- I’ve heard A LOT of good things about the new Carcass album, Torn Arteries, so we’ll link you to the new animated music video for “Dance of Ixtab (Psychopomp & Circumstance March No. 1)”. That album drops on September 17th, also through Nuclear Blast.
- You know what? This is going to be a Nuclear Blast news roundup today, and that’s fucking fine. Equilibrium released a a new single titled “Revolution”, and kicked off pre-orders for a Sagas vinyl reissue. Fun fact: that was the last Equilibrium album I truly loved. Those will ship out November 19th.
- South Dakota metalcore collective Earth Groans are releasing a new EP on September 3rd through Solid State Records titled The Body. Check out the new single, “Drink”, which you can stream right here.
- Cadaver gave us a new music video today, for “Feed The Pigs”, which features Kam Lee of Massacre (awesome). That track, of course, is taken from Edder & Bile, which dropped last year through… Nuclear Blast.
- We’ll close with a new single and music video from Blind Channel for “Balboa”. That track is also available to stream and purchase here, through Century Media.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CURSED IMAGERY: The Week in Album Art (August 23, 2019)
Somehow, we’re coming up on three straight months of this column, which just…boggles my mind. This thing already eclipsed by Blog Segment Consistency record, like, two months ago. When the gift is ridiculous album covers, the metal world keeps on giving, I guess. Anyway, we’ve got a packed edition for you this week, so let’s jump in!Continue reading
The Nine Circles Playlist Vol. 85 (6.22.2019)
Another week has gone by and I’ve found myself beset with yet another annoying round of illness. I’m beginning to question if there isn’t some divine presence out there that is punishing me for something or another; I used to be one of those people who never gets sick, and in the last 7 months I’ve dealt with everything from the flu to e. coli. Fortunately it’s the weekend, which means I get free reign to lay around in bed and recuperate with some good music, and so do you, thanks to another installment of our weekly playlist. Of particular note this week is the new Drab Majesty single and video accompaniment, which a ton of us on staff are going nuts for, but there’s plenty in there for any and all tastes. Take a listen below, and as always, thanks for checking us out.