Late today. Oh well, these things happen when Corey’s at a movie and I’m coming from a work event. So enough explanation—here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Windhand dropped a new song today! “Two Urns” marks the first glimpse of the band’s upcoming album, Grief’s Eternal Flower. September 18 can’t get here soon enough.
- In case you somehow, for whatever reason, were still down to support the annual Rockstar Mayhem Festival, here’s another reason to reevaluate your life.
- Former Megadeth guitarist (and current Japanese TV game show host) Marty Friedman is coming back to the States! For a tour at least—his first in 12 years! This should be neat.
- The latest “Metal by Numbers” post is out at Metal Insider, and I’ve gotta say, it’s nice seeing such solid debuts from Failure, Refused and Jungle Rot. August Burns Red, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves.
- This Iron Maiden body paint photo is the amazing bit of Internet we never knew we wanted.
- Finally, Quebecois tech-deathsters Beyond Creation released a new video for their song, “Fundamental Process.” Check it out here:
As you can see in the description, the video was filmed during a recent live set in NYC. Studio at Webster? That’s gotta be it, right? Oh well, I’ll stop my nerding-out. That’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for the usual!
Keep it heavy,