Look at this—you’re getting two whole days of Quickies from me this week! Yes, Corey’s off doing Boston things and birthday things, (bEARTH-day things?) so you get me again. Let’s not waste any time—here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Less than a month after the dissolution of Immortal, Abbath announced the lineup and record deal for his new, self-titled solo project. Joining the proceedings? Borknagar drummer Baard Kolstad and ex-Gorgoroth bassist King ov Hell. Interesting…
- Since it’s been far too long since his last bout of word vomit, Dave Mustaine took to Twitter to proclaim new guitarist Kiko Loureiro as “the best guitarist we’ve ever had.” Unfortunately he’s still not quite good enough for a guitar lesson with him to be worth anything more than 1/6 of one with Dave.
- Mike Portnoy made a really good joke today, when he suggested that his latest project will feature “friends and special guests.” HA! As if Mike Portnoy has any friends. Good joke, Mike—TBS very funny.
- The latest metal album sales figures are out over at Metal Insider, and Metallica sold almost 3,000 copies of a cassette tape because OF COURSE they did.
- And finally, our favorite band of the week put out a new video! Here’s Tribulation‘s “Strange Gateways Beckon”:
What a song, what an album, what a band. Anyway, that’ll do it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for more!
Keep it heavy,