Gotta say, it sure is nice doing these Canto posts having not missed ALL of the major stories of the day. We’re not yet at the point where we can cover everything, but I do rather like writing the occasional news post. Oh well. You don’t really care anyway. Here’s what we missed:
- Satyricon are in the studio working on both a new original album and a covers album. I’m sure the five people their recent material hasn’t totally alienated will be totally pumped!
- Rejoice, metalheads–our kind are finally going to be represented in emoji form!
- Your weekly installment of “LOL, people still buy music?” is up over at Metal Insider. Kind of shocked that 13,000 people bought a new album from the Creed guitarist IN 2015.
- The guitar-playing Doof Warrior from Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the most metal things about a totally metal movie. AND NOW THERE’S A LEGO VERSION OF HIM AND I AM DEAD.
- Black Sabbath wizard Tony Iommi is apparently thinking about remixing the Tony Martin-era album, Forbidden. There must be a reason why, but I can’t put my finger on it.
- And finally, North Carolina folksters Æther Realm have a new video out for their song “The Chariot.” Check it out:
This. I want more of this. Now. Anyway, that’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for the usual!
Keep it heavy,