Quickies time! Let’s see what we missed in the metal world today:
- System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian says the band has discussed the possibility of recording a new album. Nice of them to start discussing, seeing as the band’s last recorded output—Mesmerize and Hypnotize—will each be celebrating their tenth birthdays this year.
- For fuck’s sake: two fans were hospitalized after being stabbed at a Cattle Decapitation show in La Habra, CA, last night. If the cited “early reports” are true and this guy pulled a knife in response to being shoved in the mosh pit…dude, what the hell were you doing at a metal show in the first place?
- The first Metal by Numbers of 2015 is out over at Metal Insider, and here’s a fun fact: the 27 albums on this list sold a combined 63,000 copies and change. Twenty-seven. And 63,000. Somewhere, a music industry executive is crying himself to sleep.
- This is kinda cool: artist Rafa Melandi has designed alternate covers for classic albums from Metallica, Pantera and others to make them look like 1950s jazz LPs.
- And finally, death metal and fat people New Year’s Resolutions come together as one, in Death Medical’s new video “Cardiac Forest”
Welp, I wanna go do some cardio now. Actually, I don’t because it’s -140 degrees out. That’s an actual temperature reading, definitely not a number I just pulled out of my ass. Anyway, that’ll do it for today–check back tomorrow for more!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.