Probably the most challenging day in all this so far.
- To recover some of the funds lost from the recently postponed tour, Rotting Christ have begun selling the official tour shirts at this location. Honestly, given the situation, it’s a reasonable price and if you end up at one of the rescheduled tour dates, this could be dope swag to bust out.
- Witches Hammer, who haven’t really been active in the last 30 years, are returning with a full-length release on April 25th through Nuclear War Now! Productions. The album will be called Damnation Is My Throne and you can listen to “Solar Winds” right now.
- Some more rescheduled dates for lost tours are starting to surface, and the next comes from Fozzy. The North American dates that were originally scheduled for April and May are now lined up for July 10th through September 5th.
- Lastly, we’ll close with the latest new single (and video) from Oranssi Pazuzu, titled “Uusi teknokratia”. A reminder that Mestarin kynsi drops on April 17th and I cannot fucking wait.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to another Saturday morning playlist. I sincerely hope that if you are a long time reader of this column that this gives you a sense of normalcy in these chaotic times. On deck this week, we have a plethora of brand new singles, from the ever fascinating Oranssi Pazuzu, to a brand new Katatonia track (because we’ve all been looking forward to that one around these parts), to the surprise new Oathbreaker single via its remix by Justin Broadrick’s Jesu. Tune in and treat yourself at the link below.
How do you describe something that defies description at every turn? What does ‘avant-garde’ even mean when you are so far removed from your peers that you don’t even seem to notice them? George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel is not necessarily your go-to spirit guide for examining and understanding boundary-pushing psychedelic metal, yet here we are, listening to Waste of Space Orchestra’s monumental Syntheosis and witnessing abstract concepts swirling and coalescing around us. True to Hegel’s dialectical method, concrete meets abstract and both are reconciled to pure absolute during the course of the album, in the sublime manner of an eternally recurring sonic metamorphosis equal parts primal and cerebral. Continue reading
Cantos are less frequent during the holidays.
- Here we go. Dark Buddha Rising and Oranssi Pazuzu will be releasing a new album together under the name of Waste of Space Orchestra next April through Svart Records. This is gonna be big.
- The Browning will be hitting the road in early 2019. Dates are in March and April and they will be joined by Betraying the Martyrs and Extortionist.
- Metal fans consume a lot of consumables. And by that I mean we like drugs and alcohol, in case you weren’t aware.
- Ignite have released a new music video for “Nothing Can Stop Me.” If you’re feeling some melodic… hardcore… punk… this is for you. Check it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”