Nothing pleases me more than when an album is refreshingly different from my expectations. Genre descriptors are a great way to get a feel for what kind of album one is about to dive into, but often times they can lead away from the heart of what an album can offer you. Such was the case of expectations versus reality when I pressed play on Mord’A’Stigmata‘s Like Ants and Snakes, and in this case reality came out very much the winner.Continue reading
Things I didn’t realize I still owned until I started packing… two guitars. Who knew?
- Morbid Angel are back, and are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a massive headlining tour next March and April. They’ll be joined by Revocation, Crypta, and either Skeletal Remains or Vitriol. Tickets go on sale this coming Friday.
- Next we have Anti-Flag, and their video for “NVREVR”, a track that features Stacey Dee of Bad Cop/Bad Cop. Their new album, Lies They Tell Our Children, drops on January 6 through Spinefarm.
- And then we have a couple early full album streams. First up, Mord’A’Stigmata, who unveiled Like Ants and Snakes ahead of it’s November 4 release through Pagan Records.
- And secondly we have Black Anvil with Regenesis. Also a November 4 release, through Season of Mist. Additionally, their tour with Cannibal Corpse, Dark Funeral, and Immolation kicks off tomorrow.
- Closing out we have a new live video from Thy Catafalque for “Fekete Mezők”. That clip is taken from Mezolit – Live at Fekete Zaj, which will be out on November 25 through Season of Mist.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Two more work days until another break. Is it bad that this is my attitude these days?
- Soen unveiled a cover of Slipknot’s “Snuff” today, and that’s as good of a place to start as any. Give the performance video a watch here. That is taken from their forthcoming release, Atlantis, which is out on November 18th through Silver Lining Music.
- Stormruler has been one of my favorite recent discoveries, and with the release of Sacred Rites & Black Magick coming this Friday, I think dropping in the new lyric video for “Upon Frozen Shores” is appropriate. That album will be out through Napalm Records.
- Like Ants And Snakes, the latest from Mord’A’Stigmata, is on my list of shit to check out this week. I just haven’t yet. So let’s at least give “I am the Arm” a listen while we have a couple of minutes. That album is out on November 4th through Pagan Records.
- Angels Hung from the Arches of Heaven, the latest from Goatwhore, is absolutely incredible. So naturally, the best way to wrap up the day is with the new video for the title-track, which you can see below. That album is out now through Metal Blade.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Happy Monday, everyone. Kicking the new week off a bit differently this time, we’re thrilled to premiere the new video from Thy Worshiper. Originating in Poland, now Dublin-based pagan black metal act Thy Worshiper are releasing their fifth studio album, Bajki o Staruchu, on November 17th through Pagan Records. “Baba Jaga,“ the video of which is available below, is the first offering from the upcoming new album.Continue reading
Happy Monday, all. News looks a little tame out there today, but I’m sure we can whip something up.
- And since I fiercely need a post-work beer, we’ll start with Epica, who have teamed up with Kazematten Brewery for the release of Epica Beer. The name isn’t super creative, sure, but the signature lager does sound pretty damn refreshing right now.
- German doom metal collective Confusion Master has set November 19th as the release date of their sophomore album, Haunted. That will be out through Exile On Mainstream, and you can check out a teaser for the new album at this location.
- Kły, the atmospheric black metal project out of Poland, are releasing their third album, Chen, during the fall equinox (September 22nd). It will be available through Pagan Records as a CD and digitally, with a vinyl release sometime early in the new year, because… duh.
- And we’ll close with the new video from Los Angeles thrashers Fueled By Fire, for “Bloodshed”. That marks their first new material since 2013, so be sure to pick up Past…Present…No Future…Part 1, the first in a pair of two-song 7-inch releases.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”