Welcome to another exciting edition of our Saturday morning playlist. This week, we’ve got the outrageously good Unleash the Archers single, one from the new Vile Creature album (also a confirmed good time), a smattering of post-hardcore favorites, and much more. Click down below if you’re not a false.
Were you afraid that by signing to a larger record label Vile Creature was going to soften its edges? That the music would fall into more generic genre trappings? I would venture a single glance at the cover to Glory, Glory! Apathy Took Helm! would quash any and all of those concerns. After two full lengths and an EP of crushing sludge doom that I could appreciate from a distance, here is the album that refuses to be held at arm’s length, that forces your eyes open to gaze upon its exquisite, grotesque beauty. Continue reading
“Forced evolution to incite revolution, rewrite the rules to play the game.”
- Oceans Of Slumber have announced a new self-titled album which will be out on September 4th through Century Media Records. You can check out the first single and video, titled “A Return To The Earth Below”, right now.
- Power Trip have surprised us a new album, Live in Seattle 05.28.18, which is out now via Dark Operative. I recommend picking a copy up over at their Bandcamp site, but otherwise it’s available to stream pretty much everywhere.
- Vile Creature dropped a new video for the title track of their upcoming new album through Prosthetic Records, called Glory, Glory! Apathy Took Helm!, which will be available June 19th (a week from Friday).
- Arrival Of Autumn have released a new music video for “Apocalyptic”, which you can check out below. That one was taken from 2019’s Harbinger, which is available through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
This week has been… aggressive.
- Vile Creature have announced a North American tour as well as an exclusive London show. The tour runs in May and June, and Elizabeth Colour Wheel will be joining them for a few dates, which is super cool. Their debut album with Prosthetic Records should be out in the near future as well.
- Mörk Gryning have announced their first ever U.S. tour. There are only seven dates between April 30th and May 6th, but it includes an appearance at Art Noir Extreme Fest II in Brooklyn.
- Heilung announced an upcoming release of their performance at Castlefest in 2017. It will be called Lifa – Heilung Live at Castlefest, and it drops on April 24th through Season of Mist.
- Check out this new video from Fleshgod Apocalypse for “Monnalisa”. That’s a track taken from Veleno, which is out now on Nuclear Blast. They have a U.S. tour kicking off in just a couple weeks.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome back, friendo. This month we’re going to do it a little different, because December was slow AF, and we’re all in the spirit of year-end lists. So this time, I’m going to give you a selection of my absolute favorite tracks of the year. Things you might have missed, things *I* might have missed. Just good music all around. 2019 was a year for the books, fingers crossed 2020 delivers. We’ll see what January gives us.
Oh yeah. This one’s a double. What can I say? It was a great year. Oh, and it ain’t all metal. Sorry metal fam, sometimes you just gotta take your medicine. Clocking in at just over two hours, I hope this helps you adjust to the fact that we now live in the future.