Bleh. What a week. Here I am, ready to make amends for the lack of Quickies yesterday. And since I’m ready to get the hell out of the office, I’ll even be quick about it! Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Like Revocation? Some good news for you then: the band’s announced a five-date mini tour throughout the northeast, starting in early April. Saint Vitus is looking like it might be fun.
- Per a local coroner’s official report, Wayne Static‘s tragic death last November at age 48 was caused by a mixture of alcohol and prescription drugs. Very unfortunate.
- So Testament frontman Chuck Billy is apparently selling signature vaporizers. For some reason. I guess it’s harder making a living in the music industry than we thought.
- I don’t really know who Maruta is, but I am familiar with Mia Khalifa, so here’s a story about her wearing a Maruta shirt or something…because metals? (I dunno, it’s a slow news day, okay?)
- And finally, here’s a new track from Korpiklaani! Check out the lyric video for “Lempo” below:
See, I don’t really know about this thing. I tend to like my cheesy, unevolving folk metal a little more upbeat than this. Either way, the band’s new album, Noita, will be out in early May. That’ll do it for us. Enjoy your weekends!
Keep it heavy,