Corey’s in Vegas, so you’ve got me for the Canto this week. Only work was a mess and I got out late before heading to a show, so here I am, attempting this from my phone. This oughta be fun. (Maybe.) Anyway, here’s what we missed today:
- Ghost are apparently looking to hire “nuns” to serve alcohol at the upcoming dates on their cross-country trek. This is hilarious.
- I can’t imagine there are too many folks out there who enjoy both Doctor Who and Slipknot, but those that do…rejoice! Frontman Corey Taylor is apparently featuring in this Saturday’s episode as the roared voice of an alien called Fisher King. Cool?
- Deafheaven guitarist Kerry McCoy came under fire today for some past tweets that included homophobic slurs. I’m withholding snark because this is, obviously, a sensitive issue and I’d rather not weigh in.
- Washington, D.C., genre-benders Ilsa have signed to Relapse Records. Even better, they also announced a new split with Coffins! I’ll be dabbling.
- Finally, Megadeth have released a snippet of new material that basically consists of a Chris Adler drum part. Couldn’t care less either way, but check it out I guess.
No videos today because I’m not even going to TRY embed codes from my phone. We’ll have some of those tomorrow, maybe. Anyway, I’m off to the aforementioned show. Pray for my ears.
Keep it heavy,