This is just getting chaotic at this point. Unsustainable will be the word of the year for 2021 in my life. Anyway. What did I miss in the metal world in the past 36 hours?
- Emptiness is streaming their full performance from Roadburn Redux. That event took place back in April (yet somehow feels only like yesterday), but is available again at the Season of Mist YouTube channel. This is obviously in support of their latest album, Vide, which I really wish I enjoyed more… but I still need to spend more time with it. Stay tuned.
- The Wardruna North American tour that was supposed to happen… this year? Last year? Whatever. It’s been moved to 2022, and they’ve added a couple new dates to the excursion. Those dates are all in October and November, so there’s some time to kill before we get there. That said, this is something I would like to take part in when the time comes.
- German post-black metal project Agrypnie have debuted a new track and video ahead of the release of the sixth full-length effort, Metamorphosis. That album is set for a July 30th release through AOP Records (and a few others), but you can check out “Verwüstung” right now.
- This is a fun one to toss in the mix today. Ghoul have announced a free livestream this coming Saturday, the 26th, along with the release of a limited edition “Live In The Flesh” VHS. I mean, I know tapes are making a comeback… but I didn’t see VHS tapes doing the same. But who knows!?
- And we’ll wrap up with a new music video from Nightfall for “Martyrs of the Cult of the Dead (Agita)”. The link below is the censored version, because I guess the original was released via OnlyFans? What on Earth is even happening anymore.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”