Alright, so we are all caught up after a very… interesting couple of days on the Horns Up front. Hopefully you got a chance to check out our Subgenre of the Week now that it’s up and ready for action. It’s… it’s a fun one. Anyway, we’ve had a slightly busier day in metal news, so let’s dive right in:
- Kerry King turned 50 today! As a present, let’s get this guy some guitar lessons! The gift that will keep on giving… to the rest of us.
- New Mastodon song, “Chimes at Midnight”. Yes, I have listened to it. No, I will not share my opinions for a least a few weeks. Mastodon tracks tend to be growers for me.
- Metallica has new protesters to their appearance at Glastonbury. Apparently some folks didn’t appreciate the bear hunting in Alaska. Actually, I kinda fall into that category. Bears are the shit.
- Big news about Dave Brockie’s passing. Reports now say Oderus died of an accidental heroin overdose. I’m sure there will be more on this to come.
- Finally, it was ten years ago today that we lost Quorthon. So how about you go listen to some fucking Bathory:
Thank you and you’re welcome.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.