Bleh. That’s all I have to say about this particular Monday. Actually, lies…I’ll add: “48 hours ’til I leave for Baltimore.” Anyway, we’re coming at you guys a bit late with our news recap tonight, so let’s not waste any more time–here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Horrible news from the Lazarus A.D. camp, as drummer Ryan Shutler passed away suddenly at age 28. Our condolences to his family and bandmates at this sad time.
- So The Darkness have a new song out. In 2015. I…I can’t; that’s all I have on this.
- ALL HAIL HATEBEAK! The parrot-fronted grindcore band have announced their new album, The Number of the Beak, will be out June 26th on Reptilian Records.
- Attila frontman Chris Fronzak has a new cologne called Rage available for purchase. The likelihood of me buying this is about the same as that of me ever listening to Attila. Which would be “zero.”
- And finally, we close with another cover video from mad genius Rob Scallon. This time, he’s doing Metallica’s “Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth).” On an upright bass:
Dude’s a master. But you already knew that. Anyway, that’ll do it for us tonight. Check back tomorrow for the usual!
Keep it heavy,