It’s getting colder. And darker. I approve.
- Sad news from Satyricon today, as frontman Sigurd “Satyr” Wongraven has been diagnosed with a brain tour. It looks like it is benign, which is good news. Still, our thoughts are with him of course.
- Here’s a staggering figure for you. ProgPower USA sold out in a record nine hours. Understandably so once you dig into the lineup, highlighted by Devin Townsend, Green Carnation (playing the entirety of Light of Day, Day of Darkess), and Scar Symmetry. Drool.
- For better or worse, Devildriver is back and hitting the studio. There were a few lineup changes since Winter Kills dropped in 2013, so we’ll see what happens. Or, we won’t.
- Do you guys know who Augustus Sol Invictus is? If you don’t, allow me to assist. He is from Florida and is running for U.S. Senate. Boring, right? Not quite. It wasn’t recently brought to the public’s attention that he once sacrificed a goat and drank it’s blood as part of a pagan ritual. Brutal.
- Finally, here is Slipknot’s new music video for “XIX”, directed by Clown.
We all knew it was going to be weird. Anyway, I’m out.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”