July 17, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from over the weekend:
- As usual, a whole bunch of bands dropped new music, including Expulsion and Boris. Check out Josh’s Initial Descent post for the full list!
- Sad news from Adrenaline Mob, whose bass player David (“Dave Z”) Zablidowsky was killed in a three-car accident in Florida over the weekend. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to an Adrenaline Mob song, but this is terrible either way. Rest in peace, Dave.
- Fallujah has parted ways with frontman Alex Hofmann. No word on a replacement, other than that the band will bring a special guest along to their European festival dates. Sounds like it was amicable, though, so good for them.
- Looks like the guys in Sleep have just about finished their work on a new album, their first in almost a decade in a half. Also, they’re Morse code fans. Who knew?
- This one’s not metal-specific, but…it looks like SoundCloud is going bye-bye. Looks like I’m going to need a new home for my podcast. Or, more likely, looks like I’ll be discontinuing my podcast until after school’s done and I actually have time for it again.
- Meshuggah‘s selling limited-edition merch sets at Comic Con, because why not?
- And finally, a new Belphegor song. Check out the lyric video for “Baphomet” below:
So intensity. Such Belphegor. Their new album Totenkult drops September 15 on Nuclear Blast. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,