I know, you thought this would be a quarterly round up. Sorry, but you’ll need to wait a little longer for that. It’s been a minute since we did one of these with an actual topic. Well, two years to be exact. But who’s counting? Anyway, the question was posed to our group: “What’s the ONE album you absolutely, positively cannot live without?” And the rules were simple, we graciously allowed everyone to actually pick two: one metal album and one album of any other genre. Or, those that never branch out could opt to name just a metal album. Yes, that’s contradictory to the question, but our folks generally like more than just metal so sue us for breaking form. There was some great conversation about these picks but for now, we leave you with the group choices and a playlist at the bottom. Enjoy.
- Agalloch – The Mantle
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
- Opeth – Ghost Reveries
- Elvis Costello – My Aim Is True
- At the Gates – Slaughter of the Soul
- Soundgarden – Badmotorfinger
- Entombed – Wolverine Blues
- Strapping Young Lad – City
- Josh S.
- Deicide – Once Upon the Cross
- Waylon Jennings – Lonesome, On’ry & Mean
- Devin Townsend Project – Addicted
- Soda Stereo – Originales 20 exitos
- Wolves In the Throne Room – Two Hunters
- The Mountain Goats – Tallahassee
- Neurosis – Through Silver In Blood
- Bob Dylan – Blonde On Blonde
- Andrew WK – I Get Wet
- Sisters of Mercy – Floodland
- Sortilege – Metamorphose
And, because Spotify doesn’t have Two Hunters…
Got picks of your own? We’d love to hear from you — leave them in the comments section.