My MDF vacation is officially underway. At long last. With all the MDF talk here this week, I’m gathering a sense that those who AREN’T going to MDF are probably starting to hate this site. Either out of jealousy or boredom. Either way… not a single shit has been given. That said, the Quickies are a great way to get your fill on everything else in the metal world outside of MDF! …So why not kick off today’s Quickies with an MDF related headline??
- You can stream the new Enabler here. These guys will be playing an aggressive(?) 25 minute set Sunday at MDF, but there’s a full tour to follow with Eyehategod and Ringworm. Killer.
- Here’s how much it would cost to book various mediocre bands! Ok, not all of those bands are mediocre. Only most of them. Side note: $100K plus for A7X??? Christ.
- In another episode of ‘I’m Confused By People’s Taste In Music’, Mushroomhead had their best debut ever. It is nice seeing Agalloch and Devin Townsend right up there, however.
- Want something to hate? How about Russia? I mean, duh. But detaining Behemoth? That crosses all of the lines. Updates are being posted on their Facebook site. Corey is displeased. Oh so displeased.
- For those that want to get their industrial on (this guy!), here’s some new Godflesh. It’s only been thirteen years. No big deal. It’s solid. EP out June 26th.
- Finally, if you needed another reason to hate dubstep (spoiler alert: we didn’t), here’s this:
Where to begin? Probably with the performer asking for circle pit. And then there’s the punch… I don’t get people. Anyway, no more Quickies for today. Tomorrow’s Quickies will be brought to you while Dan is literally on his way to Baltimore! Isn’t that exciting! No, not really.
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.