Before we get into the meat of this post, I just feel compelled to…
For the three of you left out there who aren’t soccer-ly inclined, team USA emerged from the so-called “Group of Death” and advanced to the knockout stages of the World Cup! You’ll be hearing from Corey and I on this topic PLENTY in Episode 11, but I couldn’t NOT start this post out with something commemorating this achievement. ANYWAY, it’s now time for another round of Quickies and, holy shit, there’s actually some news to share with you today! What a concept! Here’s what we missed out on:
- Wintersun‘s Jari Mäenpää cares not for your questions about when Time II is coming out. Is this really a thing, though? All the time it took for Time I to come together, and people are up in arms over a two-year gap? That’s, like, half an hour in Wintersun time.
- Apparently, Jeff Loomis’ new supergroup Conquering Dystopia cannot release their new album on CD, due to legal issues with one of the band members’ other labels. That’s kind of a big problem for a band to have…in 1999.
- Wolves in the Throne Room dropped another new track from their upcoming album, Celestite. You should listen to it. But you already knew that.
- Bro-love! Rob Halford has extended his congratulations to Cynic’s Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert for their recent decision to come out of the closet.
- And finally, Accept has released a video for “Stampede,” the first single off its upcoming album, Blind Rage. Suffice it to say, I’m no less excited for this thing than I was before:
Anyway, that’ll do it for today’s edition. Check back tomorrow for our World Cup of Metal update!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.