It’s 5:15 and I could not be more ready to be done with this day. So let’s step right into today’s Quickies, shall we? Here’s what we missed in the world of metal today:
- So Slipknot continue to be an abject disaster when it comes to marketing their new album. News flash, guys: the masks…(gasp)…don’t actually matter???
- Down have announced that they’ll be hitting the road for a (mostly) West Coast tour with Orange Goblin this December. It’s a shame they’re not doing Baltimore; I’d have loved to see/hear Phil Anselmo mistake it for Milwaukee the way he did at MDF ’11.
- Ace Frehley announced the lineup for his upcoming US tour and–surprise!–it’s a bunch of people we don’t know or care about. Which is about what you’d expect from an Ace Frehley tour in 2014.
- MOAR NEW GODFLESH MUSIC! You know, in case you weren’t excited enough about the upcoming release of A World Lit Only by Fire. In THREE WEEKS.
- Wanna watch Stephen Colbert interview the kids from Unlocking the Truth? Of course you do. AND NOW YOU CAN!
- And finally, here’s a new Iron Reagan video to close us out for today:
SPOILER ALERT: We’ll be talking about this album on the podcast this week. ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT: I’ll be gushing about it. Anyway, that’ll do it. Check back tomorrow for more!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.