It’s Quickies time! I’m coming in a bit early with these, but no matter–let’s see what we missed in metal today:
- So, Slipknot’s Chris Fehn thinks moshing has become a form of bullying. I disagree, because as far as I know bullying typically can’t be completely avoided by simply standing away from the center of a music venue.
- Proving once again that age is nothing more than a gotdamn number, 92-year-old actor Christopher Lee has released a new metal Christmas single called “Darkest Carols, Faithful Sing.” If only he could prove even once that his music can be listened to without laughing one’s ass off…
- Deafheaven has begun selling a font based on the lettering they used on the cover of Sunbather. This should go over well with the hordes of metal fans who are already on the fence about them.
- Black Tusk are going to soldier on following the recent death of bassist Athon, and have announced a European tour with Black Label Society in February and March. No snark here; all best to the guys on this.
- And finally, shout out to the MetalSucks team for alerting us to this steaming hot piece of video garbage:
Leather Leaf is based in Austin and, coincidentally, will also never be making it out of there.
Anyway, that’ll do it for today. Check back tomorrow for more!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.