Quite the day here at Horns Up, wouldn’t you say? Oh well, I’ve gotta bounce, so I’m not going to glory-bask for too long here. Or at all, in fact. Let’s get right into Quickies, shall we? Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- So here’s something about Mötley Crüe vocalist Vince Neil and his Facebook account getting hacked. I dunno. I didn’t read it all. I’m frankly just stunned Vince Neil uses the Internet for things other than Seamless, Grubhub and Instagram (for all the food).
- The admat (what the hell’s an “admat”?) for this year’s upcoming Rockstar Mayhem Festival appears to have leaked, and…well…King Diamond looks to be playing! Sure he’s surrounded by a sea of utter crap, but…King Diamond! Right?
- Apparently Juliette Lewis is going to be singing for a Dillinger Escape Plan / Mastodon / Mars Volta / Dethklok supergroup? …okay, then!
- Danzig is in the studio working on the follow-up to 2010’s Deth Red Sabaoth. Neato! Just don’t forget to pick up the kitty litter on the way home, Glenn!
- This is kinda cool: three dudes from Argentina are apparently making guitars out of old skateboards. And they sound pretty damn good, too!
- And finally, I’m in full-on Kendrick Lamar-mode this week following the early release of To Pimp a Butterfly, so you can bet your ass I was excited about this mash-up of his older tune, “Backseat Freestyle,” with Meshuggah‘s “Break Those Bones.” Give it a listen:
Must say, did not expect that to work nearly as well as it did. Anyway, that’ll do it for me. Check back tomorrow for more!
Keep it heavy,