Corey’s in Boston for the day, so I’ll be taking the Quickies this time around. Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- We’re a bit late in getting this on the blog, but Neurosis frontman Scott Kelly‘s wife, Sarah, has fallen ill with a mysterious, as-yet-undiagnosed condition, and a GoFundMe page has been started to help with their medical bills. If you’re able to donate, please do.
- So I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that neither Axl nor Rob have actually heard the new Marilyn Manson album, because the only comments they can muster about dude’s upcoming summer tour with Smashing Pumpkins are “LOL 90s, AMIRITE GUYS?”
- In other tour news, Swedish hardcore punk crew Refused announced one today, too!
- Also in tours and Swedish: power proggers Evergrey are coming back Stateside toward the end of the summer as well.
- And finally, if you’ve had a hard day and want to feel better about yourself, listen to Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil butchering the national anthem at a Las Vegas Outlaws game:
I have no idea what the hell the Las Vegas Outlaws are, but if they’re going to treat us to garbage like this, that’s probably for the best. Anyway, that’ll do it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for more!
Keep it heavy,