Another round of Canto from me. You’re all thrilled, I can tell. Anyway, let’s see what we’ve got today:
- Leading off, Amon Amarth frontman Johan Hegg’s viking movie, Northmen: A Viking Saga, is finally getting a U.S. release! It’ll be available July 31, and I couldn’t be more excited for this sure-to-be-cheesefest.
- Bassist / vocalist / exactly-one-half-of-Morbid-Angelist Steve Tucker has promised that the band’s next album will be “full-on death metal.” Which’ll be a nice change from the “full-on liquid shit” approach they took on Illud Divinum Insanus.
- Swedish post-metal crew Cult of Luna have rescheduled their North American tour! The band’ll be hitting the road in September with support from Minsk and Kylesa (NYC only). Get excited!
- Speaking of tour-related things: Revocation have announced a late-summer / early-fall run with Cannabis Corpse, Archspire and Black Fast. This should be fun.
- And finally, I couldn’t in good conscience NOT share a new Rob Scallon cover video. This time? “Cowboys From Hell” on ukelele. Watch it here:
Good stuff. I’m out for now. Check back tomorrow for the usual.
Keep it heavy,