I’ve got a couple of hours to kill before I head up to Vitus for Godhunter, Destroyer of Light and Immortal Bird. Yet at the same time, there’s nothing I want to do less than stay at the office. Oh well. I’ll solve that problem eventually, but in the meantime, here are your Canto:
- Corey and I both went pretty nuts for The Ocean‘s last album, Pelagial. So naturally, learning that they are, in fact, working on new material had us like…
- Apparently there’s a Phoenix hardcore band that’s based entirely on Simpsons character Ned Flanders. The band’s name? Okilly Dokilly.
- Ghost have been forced to reschedule their upcoming visit to Philly. Why’s that? Well, a certain guy named Francis will also be in town that day. IRONY: TOP SCORE.
- More cool stuff from the Lamb of God camp: the band’s going to be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on August 27. Very well deserved.
- And finally, here’s a new Trivium song. It’s actually — and I can’t believe I’m about to write this — tolerable. Check out “Blind Leading the Blind” here:
The band’s new album, Silence in the Snow, comes out October 2. In the meantime, I’m going to go perform an exorcism on myself. Later, kids.
Keep it heavy,