March 16, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Hail of Bullets is dead, long live Hail of Bullets. The Dutch death metal crew have officially called it quits, a year and a half after parting ways with vocalist Martin van Drunen.
- Hey, thrash kids! Destruction, Warbringer and Jungle Rot are going out on tour together in May and June. Destruction dropped an album last year, Warbringer is dropping an album at the end of the month, and Jungle Rot is Jungle Rot.
- So this is kinda neat: Tuesday night’s King Woman show in Brooklyn was supposed to be cancelled, with frontwoman Kristina Esfandiari stranded across the country thanks to Winter Storm Stella. And then, this happened. Huge ups to Kristina, Saint Vitus and the hero woman responsible for this turn of events.
- Author & Punisher have signed to Relapse Records, and will be releasing a new album through the label early next year. I haven’t ever really listened to Author & Punisher, but whatever this concoction is sure seems amusing.
- Dutch symphonic black metal weirdos Carach Angren have released details about their upcoming album, Dance and Laugh Among the Rotten, out June 16. One of the album’s preorder packages includes a set of dice — you know, just in case your list of vices includes both cheesy metal and gambling.
- I’m sure, somewhere out there, someone’s thinking to themselves, “boy, I could sure use some grandma-fronted grindcore in my life.” Well fear not, possibly-existent person: The Grindmother are touring the U.S. later this month and April. I sure could not use any grandma-fronted grindcore in my life, so I’ll be taking a pass.
- And finally, Animals as Leaders released a video for “Cognitive Contortions,” which you probably shouldn’t watch while high. Or maybe you should. I dunno. Here it is:
Another condition that should merit caution before watching this video? Thinking that you’re good at music. Anyway, that’ll do it for now, but check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,