May 25, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Bummerific news from Rigor Mortis / Warbeast frontman Bruce Corbitt, who’s been forced to retire from singing after being diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Keep fighting, Bruce.
- With Maryland Deathfest kicking off tonight, the folks at Invisible Oranges posed a worthwhile question in a new piece on their site: has the fest jumped the shark?
- Brendon Small has released another snippet of new music from his upcoming Galaktikon II album, which you can and absolutely should check out right here. Don’t get too excited, though; it’s only about 50 seconds’ worth.
- Here’s an interesting piece from Inside Science, who found that metal singers often use similar techniques as babies, which allows them to growl and scream without damaging their vocal cords. My favorite part is the title: “Heavy Metal Singers are Just Big Babies.”
- And finally, a new lyric video from Goatwhore — check out “Chaos Arcane” below:
Goatwhore’s new album, Vengeful Ascension, drops June 23 on Metal Blade. Anyway, that’ll do it for now. For our next edition, you’ll have to wait until Tuesday, as your boy’s heading down to Baltimore this weekend to partake in a little
shark-jumping MDF. Until then!
Keep it heavy,