July 19, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Baroness have been announced as the headliner of something called the Brewtal Beer Fest out in Pittsburgh. They’re the only band on the bill that I really could give two shits about, but hey, at least there’ll be some good breweries!
- Next up, I guess the success (?) of Iron Maiden‘s Legacy of the Beast mobile game has gotten to Judas Priest, because they’ve announced a game of their own. It’s called Road to Valhalla, and I guess it’s like a Priest-only version of Frequency / Amplitude? Yeah, I’ll pass.
- Today in “OH GOD MARKETING IS THE WORST HOW DID I EVER WORK IN THIS FIELD?” Deftones released a trailer for their upcoming Swerve City IPA. A trailer. For beer. I’m ready for that giant asteroid, universe.
- Gojira has announced a show in Brooklyn with Converge. If you live in Brooklyn, I hate you.
- Apparently Godflesh frontman Justin Broadrick is doing a guest spot on the upcoming Cavalera Conspiracy album. I can personally guarantee that this won’t do enough to make the album listenable.
- And finally, a new song from
the Trent Reznor movie soundtrack machineNine Inch Nails. Check out “This Isn’t The Place” below:
The new NIN EP, Add Violence, drops this Friday. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,