Last Canto this week! Yet… it’s only Wednesday.
- Leading off the day, we have the new track and video from Axioma for “Septic”, which is streaming over at Metal Injection. Their sophomore full-length album, Sepsis, is out on June 24th through Translation Loss Records. I’ve seen some hype for this one, so it’s going to stay on my radar for sure.
- I didn’t want to share this news because it fucking sucks and I try to keep this post strictly to more positive updates, but Trevor Scott Strnad has passed away. The vocalist of The Black Dahlia Murder will always be an absolute legend, and not much more needs to be added at this point. Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and everyone else close to him.
- Behemoth have finally revealed details surrounding their next album. Opvs Contra Natvram will be out on September 16th through Nuclear Blast. With the news, they also released the studio version and a video for “Ov My Herculean Exile”, a track we’ve seen emerge from live footage and such.
- Symphonic metallers Visions of Atlantis released the third single from Pirates, titled “Master the Hurricane”. That album is out this coming Friday through Napalm Records.
- And then closing out the day with a new clip from Allegaeon feels like a good idea. This is the video for “Called Home”, a track taken from Damnum, which was released earlier this year through Metal Blade. They’ve also got a bunch of tour dates on the schedule, if you’re into that.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”