I went home early from work today because of the 2ish inches of snow we’ve seen so far. Needless to say, productivity plummeted. Alas, we’ll get ’em next time. Now, let’s see what the metal world is up to.
- The Black Dahlia Murder had a big day today. For one, they announced a new tour with Fallujah and Disentomb in which they will be playing Unhallowed in full. In less good news, they have also split with guitarist Ryan Knight.
- The metal community has sadly lost another member. Mikey Clement, vocalist for Valleys, passed away last Friday in a car accident. (And another shoutout to Sarah, coming through in the clutch with an assist once again.)
- More aftermath resulting from Phil Anselmo’s aforementioned recent idiotic actions. The French government has pulled its funding for Hellfest after the festival refused to drop Down from their lineup.
- On its way to Texas, a truck carrying Lamb of God‘s gear overturned. The driver is alright aside from some relatively minor injuries and some of the band’s gear was damaged. Obviously this could have been much worse.
- Any Sabaton fans out there? If so, you will probably enjoy this clip of “Carolus Rex” from the Heroes On Tour live collection.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”