May 10, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, according to a Brazilian news article (translated by Reddit user fraud_93) Krisiun and their tour-mates, NervoChaos, were arrested by Bangladeshi authorities shortly after arriving in the country for their Asian tour. The charge? Blasphemy. (Yep, we’re gonna do that again.) Ugh.
- Judging by their Instagram account — all two posts of it — it looks like At the Gates have begun demoing their new album. Let’s hope the expectations for this one aren’t as ungodly high as they were for At War with Reality.
- Scary news from Bindrune Recordings — label head Marty Rytkonen’s wife suffered a stroke and is fighting for her life. Austin Lunn and Tanner Anderson (of Panopticon and Obsequiae, respectively) have set up a GoFundMe campaign to support the family through the aftermath. Please consider donating if you can.
- Converge frontman Jacob Bannon has announced a book called Dunedevil, which will include paintings, photographs and journal entries he collected during a retreat in Massachusetts. This actually sounds kinda cool.
- Ghost have announced the openers for their headlining gigs on the off-dates of this summer’s tour opening for Iron Maiden. The list includes Khemmis, Zombi, Astronoid, Royal Thunder and a couple of other bands who might well succeed at upstaging Ghost themselves.
- And finally, Boris dropped a new video for the song “Absolutego.” Check it out below:
The band’s new album, Dear, comes out August 14 on Sargent House. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,