There is plenty to discuss today, so let’s get right into it.
- We’ll start with a couple of reissues. First, Yob is releasing a deluxe version of Atma, which I am super excited about. That will be out on April 8 through Relapse, and you can pre-order that here. Or, of course, through Bandcamp. Fun fact, Yob also has a few live dates coming up, including FOUR at Saint Vitus in February. So jump on that as well.
- And then we have Cirith Ungol, who are reissuing 1981’s Frost and Fire. That will be out through Metal Blade on December 17th, and that can be pre-ordered on pretty much any format right here. 40 years. Holy damn.
- Necronomicon have announced a new livestream show, “Vivus Verum”, scheduled for November 12th. That will be premiered at the Season of Mist YouTube channel, and the event will be in support of their latest album, Unus, which dropped last year. Here’s a trailer for the event, as well as an opportunity to set a reminder.
- Okilly Dokilly have announced “Tourdiddly Do” 2022 dates, running from April 14th through May 7th. But it will be your last chance to see them, maybe ever, as they announced an indefinite hiatus immediately following the tour. Regardless, we should all take great joy in knowing this project ever existed at all.
- Since we have an opportunity to close out the day with The Ocean, you bet I’m going to seize it. Check out the clip for “Jurassic | Cretaceous”, taken from their Roadburn Redux performance, below. As a reminder, Phanerozoic Live will be out on November 26th through Metal Blade and Pelagic Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”