March 21, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off with one we missed from over the weekend — whoops! — but it’s particularly cool, so we’re gonna play catch-up: the Shadow Woods Metal Festival announced its 2017 lineup, and holy crap is this one a dandy. Panopticon, Vastum, Uada, Woe and tons more. Get on it.
- Cool tour alert: Primus has announced an extensive run of summer dates with Clutch. I’ve never seen Primus, and the one time I did see Clutch, I was too wasted to remember much, so…I might have to dabble with this one.
- Mike Scheidt’s been through hell over the last few months, so a bit of great news on that front: the YOB frontman successfully underwent a second surgery as part of his recovery from diverticulitis. Here’s hoping Mike heals up further and gets back to doing what he does best: utter sonic devastation.
- Remember that then-untitled new Danzig album we told you about on Friday? Well, it’s got a title: Black Laden Crown. Hooray?
- And finally, Ghost Bath released a new song called “Ambrosial,” which you can hear below:
I liked these guys more when they were from China. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,