April 19, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, here’s a tour announcement you won’t see every day: Moon Tooth has revealed that they and Tombs will be supporting…Fit for an Autopsy? And hey! They’re coming to my hometown, so I can do one of my patented “catch both the opening bands, then Irish exit before the headliner” routines!
- Here’s one from…okay, a couple of days ago…but still DEFINITELY worth mentioning: the debut full-length from Void Ritual will be coming out in August!
- Meshuggah will be the main support for Megadeth on a short run of U.S. dates in late June and early July. Also appearing will be Tesseract and Lillake, which means this tour’s batting 1 for 4 in terms of acts I actually care about. (Hint: the ordering of the bands in this post was not accidental.)
- The olds have struck again! Metallica‘s Hardwired…to Self Destruct has been certified platinum in the U.S. Of the one million registered units, more than 900,000 were from traditional album sales. (As opposed to “equivalent streams,” which is the most backward-ass, RIAA way to refer to “people Spotify’d that shit.”)
- Uh…so Sleep might be really good at Twitter. In addition to being really good at other things, like music and shirtless guitar playing.
- Zeal & Ardor have announced a handful of U.S. dates. And by “a handful,” I mean, if you don’t live in LA, Vegas, Chicago or NYC, you’re shit out of luck.
- And finally, here’s video footage from Thantifaxath‘s show at Brooklyn’s Saint Vitus last Saturday. Goddammit, I miss these kinds of shows. Take a look:
Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,