June 20, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Eluveitie — or as some may know them “Chrigel Glanzmann’s Quest to Lose as Many Band Members as Humanly Possible” — has announced the long-awaited sequel to the acoustic Evocation album. The second installment, Evocation II: Pantheon, drops August 18 on Nuclear Blast, about six years after everyone stopped caring.
- The folks behind Maryland Deathfest are already getting things started on next year’s fest — the first round of bands for No. 16 will be announced next week! Let the speculation begin!
- Baroness frontman John Dyer Baizley has offered a few more details on longtime guitarist Pete Adams’ recent departure from the band. SPOILER ALERT: they’re still totally cool with each other.
- Oh good, Tim Lambesis may or may not be doing things. That’s just what we need.
- Here’s some live footage of a new GWAR song called “Fuck This Place.” I’m indifferent, personally.
- And finally, a new video from Dead Cross! Here’s “Seizure and Desist”:
Always nice to hear Mike Patton doing, well…pretty much anything, really. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — stay tuned for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,