July 18, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news — mostly tour date announcements, but news nonetheless — you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, in “tour packages that don’t make sense,” we’ve got Stone Sour and Steel Panther! Because reasons. Anyway, they’ll be going around to these places in September and October.
- Next up, in “tour packages that actually are kind of amazing,” Ministry and Death Grips! Goddamn, that pairing just makes too much sense. They’re playing here in October and November.
- Finally, in “tour packages that I don’t really have any kind of comment on but still rule,” Eyehategod! With a whole bunch of other different bands! Playing like, 40 shows between August and mid-September! Peep those dates here.
- Phew, done the tour dates portion of this post. Next up, Steve Grimmett and Grim Reaper got back on stage this past Friday for the first time since Grimmett had his leg partially amputated six months ago. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Grim Reaper song, but good for him all the same.
- Two Sepultura classics — well, one Sepultura classic (Chaos A.D.) and Roots — are getting expanded, Rhino Records reissues in the fall. Hope you kids like demos and live tracks! Also, WHERE IS SCHULER?
- Khemmis have signed an international deal with Nuclear Blast. (Here in the States, they’ll still be on 20 Buck Spin, who’s licensing their stuff to NB.) Good for the guys. Oh, and there’s a new album in the works for next year!
- And finally, a new Wolves in the Throne Room song! Check out the band’s first-ever music video for “Born from the Serpent’s Eye” below:
God, it’s good to hear these guys doing black metal again. The band’s new album, Thrice Woven, drops September 22 on Artemisia Records. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,