For those unaware, Dan is currently at the Kvelertak/Gojira/Mastodon show in NYC. The same show I’ll be at tomorrow night in Worcester. So far, the only correspondence we’ve shared has been us complaining about the shitty band shirts he’s seen. We started to wonder… are we elitist? If so, is mild to moderate elitism a bad thing? …No. No it’s not.
That established, expect a full recap of this show from both of us in the near future. How about some Quickies for this Thursday?
- Korn bailed on a show in Kiev scheduled for May 16th. Poor Ukraine, having to miss out on Korn and whatnot. Note sarcasm.
- Not one to shy away from questionable choices, Ivan Moody was at it again. This time he brought a 9 year old on stage as he sang “Burn MF”. My favorite part is how bored the girl looks. Also, the song sounds terrible.
- Dave Grohl will be directing a new HBO series documenting historic recording studios. I support all of this. It really does sound kinda awesome. No sarcasm this time.
- Slayer is going to play Reign in Blood in full at Riot Fest. Fully neglecting recent Slayer work, as they should.
- On the first night of their tour with Whitechapel, Devildriver, Carnifex, and Revocation, Rivers of Nihil had their van broken into. I don’t care who the band is or what they play, this pisses me off. People are dicks.
- Finally, here’s the cover art for Judas Priest’s upcoming Redeemer of Souls:
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.