March 29, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, it looks like Skeletonwitch has begun work on a new album, which will be their first full-length with new singer Adam Clemans. Let’s go to a live look at our Literati Overlord upon hearing this news…
- Pallbearer have announced a month-long trek across the country in support of their new album, Heartless. Support acts will include Inter Arma, Pinkish Black and Spirit Adrift at various points, and, somewhat annoyingly, Gatecreeper at literally every date except the one that’s coming to Philly. Goddammit.
- Just in case you thought Ghost wasn’t going to be busy enough this summer, they’ve announced a set of headlining dates interwoven into their existing itinerary opening for this other band you might have heard of called Iron Maiden. By now, you know how I feel about Ghost, so I’m all for this.
- Dream Theater‘s touring in Europe to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Images and Words — basically the one album of theirs that doesn’t completely annoy the shit out of me — and apparently they’ll be bringing the tour to the U.S. this fall. I won’t be attending, because it’s still Dream Theater, but good for them, I guess.
- There’s a new Dying Fetus album coming out this summer, and the band’s issued a 26-second teaser to try and whet our appetites until then. Because 26 seconds is definitely enough to accomplish that. Good thinking, guys.
- And finally, the new death metal supergroup Echelon (featuring current and/or former members of Bolt Thrower, Paganizer and others) released a lyric video for their new song, “The Brimstone Aggrandizement.” Check it out below:
That was wildly fine. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,